Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dying for a GOOD Cheesecake!

Last night, I finished baking my husband's early birthday cake.  I leveled it, filled it, and iced it.  I looks and smells good.  But it's just not calling to me like I thought it would.  I didn't quite understand why, until it dawned on me...I'm Jonesin' for a cheesecake!  Not just any cheesecake.  Not the one that you grab out of the freezer section and defrost, not the one from the Wal-Mart bakery case that has a few varied slices.  A real, hard-core, thick, fattening, dense, creamy, rich cheesecake.  I have absolutely no idea when I'll have the time to make one.  But, I will.  And when I do, oh my! 

Of course, you have to have a great recipe for the ultimate cheesecake.  So, I ventured on-line and found the recipe for Junior's Cheesecake.  Junior's is touted as being the number one rate cheese cake in NYC.  I will definately indulge in one when go next year.  But for now, I'll have to experiment in my own kitchen.  Here's the link.  IF I get time to make one, I'll be sure to post the pics and an update of how well the recipe turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment