Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pasta Salad and Peace

This evening's menu consisted of a super easy Seafood Pasta Salad.  The original recipe came from the Kraft Foods website.  But, because I'm never satisfied with most recipes I find, I gave it a little spice.  So here it goes...

1 box mini Farfalle
2 bundles asparagus
1 pound cleaned and deveined shrimp
1 pound bay scallops
1 can lump crabmeat
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 can Italian diced tomatoes
1 can whole black olives
1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
Kraft Light Zesty Italian Dressing OR Hidden Valley Ranch Farmhouse Originals Creamy Parmesan
Parmesan cheese to garnish

Begin by sauteing shrimp and scallops in a heavy bottom saucepan.  Midway through the cooking process (3 minutes), add minced garlic.  Season with Old Bay seasoning and/or Tony Chachares if available in your area. Cook seafood for approximately six minutes; until shrimp are firm and pink.  Follow directions on pasta packaging to prepare, add asparagus last five minutes of boiling time until al dente.

In a large bowl, combine the lump crabmeat, tomatoes, olives, and basil.  Add the pasta, asparagus, and seafood.  Toss to combine.  Add dressing and cheese to taste!  Enjoy!

********
While having dinner, Melanie texted a picture of the queche that she prepared for dinner.  I had just taken a picture of my dish to text to her as well!  That's when the idea of a Blog hit me.  Since she now lives in Dallas, and I in Lake Charles, I figured this would be a great way to communicate and share our experiences.  This is my first official posting, and I hope we accumulate readers who may become inspired to do the same with family and friends.  Welcome to Food and Friendship!

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna go to central market and get everyhing to make this. I may use spinach pasta to see how that works with the seafood. I so love pasta salad.

    ReplyDelete