Friday, July 30, 2010

A Sweet Life

I've been trying to take up the hobby of scrapbooking between school, Chase, and everything else.  Needless to say, I've not had much time.  I actually have another blog that I plan to add my projects to once I actually have time to work on them.  In the mean time, here is something that I am currently working on.

I purchased a Photo Stand by 7 Gypsies.  The idea is to create a hanging scrapbook of sorts.  This is my coverpage for the stand.  Not the best work, but it's as creative as I can be given the few hours of sleep I have under my belt these days, not to mention limited time.

I chose the brown paper with pink crowns for the simple fact that I am partial to both colors.  So the combination just made sense to me.  And, when I see these two colors together, I automatically think of ice cream.  Hence, the theme.  I LOVE the episode of I Love Lucy when she and Ethel are working in a candy factory and get into a bind when the conveyer belt turns out candy too fast.  When I visited my local scrapbook store, I found the piece at the bottom of the page and decided it was a must for my project; as was the cupcake.  I made the flower next to the ephemera of a woman out of old dictionary pages and Prima flowers.

I hope to complete this project soon, as this stand is going on my desk at school to show off pictures of my family and friends.

1 comment: