Sunday, July 25, 2010

White Hot Chocolate

So, I apparently have some sort of disorder that makes me crave foods that you normally associate with Winter time.  For instance, this evening, I cooked a huge pot of chicken and sausage gumbo.  (Had to turn up the air conditioner.)  Now, I'm really wanting something hot and sweet.  I like hot chocolate, but I've been dying to try this White Hot Chocolate recipe that I saw on Paula Deen's show last year.  I may attempt it soon. I'm even thinking of how can convert that into "cold" White Hot Chocolate.....

At any rate, here's the recipe:

Ingredients


•1 cup white chocolate chips

•1 cup heavy cream

•4 cups half-and-half

•1 teaspoon vanilla extract

•Vanilla whipped topping, for garnish

•Mint leaf, for garnish

Directions

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine white chocolate chips and heavy cream. Stir continuously until white chocolate chips have completely melted. Stir in the half-and-half, and vanilla extract. Stir occasionally until heated through. Pour into mugs and top with a dollop of vanilla whipped topping and garnish with mint leaf.





.

No comments:

Post a Comment